All workers involved in the rental of your forklift must understand the safety rules for using such equipment and receive proper training. These rules and regulations are not intended to make your life difficult or your job challenging; They are designed to keep workers and bystanders safe. If you don’t use the forklift correctly, all kinds of accidents and injuries can occur, many of which are life-threatening.
- Make sure the forklift hire in Sydney & NSW is only moving safely, especially in a confined space with many steep corners. Driving at high speeds can cause the equipment to overturn.
- Never play with the forklift or misuse it; If you don’t need the equipment, do not turn it on and ensure it is stored away from the road.
- Always wear a seat belt every time you sit in the seat; if it is not equipped, be sure to inform the manager about it. Do not use the equipment until the problem with the seat belt has been corrected.
- Ensure you use a forklift only for its intended purpose.
- Be sure to correctly estimate the weight and size of the object before loading it into the equipment, as attempting to lift something too large or heavy can cause the entire thing to tip over.
- Take a quick refresher course to ensure they are confident enough to operate the equipment without any problems.
- If you have a specific job and do not have staff with experience in this type of task, you should hire qualified operators who offer their services in this way.
- Make sure all workers who may need to use the lift are properly trained and qualified. If unqualified people are found working on the team, you will be liable.
- Try to rent a forklift that has a roll if the equipment is accidentally tipped over.
- Roll cages are also extremely useful in protecting workers from falling. If your workers lift heavy objects outdoors, this can also prevent serious injury.
- Ensure you keep details for all incidents that happen to your forklift, whether caused by the operator or as a result of faulty equipment; the rental company may request a report.
Don’t be afraid that following the safety rules when renting a forklift will make you look stupid; in fact, it will make you look smart because it shows that you care about it. Remember that these rules are only valid to ensure that everyone working on and around the forklift is protected from serious injury or death. That is why you should be familiar with each of the above rules and regulations.